Q. Does underlay need to be taped.
A. I was asked by a customer today “Should we tape the underlayment
together before putting click vinyl on top?” I fielded this question out
to one of our installers who says that if they have a strip built in to
overlap and use that, otherwise he does it sporadically with duct tape.
Many Customers who are buying Laminate for the first time are shocked at
the costs involved.
- There is the product you are buying.
- There is a cost to either raise baseboards or add quarter round to cover
- There are costs for Transitions and transitions are anywhere from $25 to
$70 depending on the particular brand.
- Stairs are usually anywhere from $75-$200 a step figuring labor and
- Underlay can cost from $25 to $75 a roll.
- Cost to install the laminate itself.
- Don’t forget the cost to remove the existing floor.
These can all add up quite quickly and usually end up in the $4-$6 range
per square foot for a good quality laminate.